- Life seems crazy hectic lately. Any time I spend on the computer right now is limited. While I'm not the type of person that likes to spend much time on-line, I'm spending even less time than usual lately.
- I haven't had any urge to write anything here. I also haven't been reading any of the blogs that I usually read or even go on FB much lately. I'm feeling like there is just a bit to much information out there to be had right now.
- I only have one more laser appointment before I get measured. It had better be worth it!
- I cannot wait to go to the chiropractor tomorrow. My back is in pretty good shape now. Now we are going to start working on my migraine issues. I thought my head might literally explode the other day it hurt so bad. Pretty much I'm hoping for a miracle here.
- Annabelle is growing up too fast for me. I had to register her for Kindergarten this morning. I just had to drop off her medical forms and residency stuff, make an appointment for the testing, but I felt a little bit teary eyed doing it. It feels like it was just yesterday that she was a my tiny, little peanut and now she's getting ready to ride the bus and go to big kid school.
- Yesterday was Dad's Day at school. Mark got to spend the day with her at school, making crafts and singing and dancing. I can't wait for Mom Day in May:)
- We have a little over 5 weeks until we leave for vacation and we still haven't really booked anything. I need to get going on that.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
|Every scrapbook needs a title page. How else are people supposed to know what the book is about?|
|Pooh Bear is still one of her favorite guys. This is the very first page she made:)|
|I helped her write out Princess Aurora, don't you just love the backwards s? And the spinning wheel? I said that she should draw Prince Philip or the 3 Fairy Godmothers but she chose the spinning wheel.|
|As she kept going she started really getting the hang of it. She didn't need any coaching about the movie or any of her favorite parts. I'm most impressed with her drawing of Lumiere. She did it from memory, not even looking at the DVD cover:)|
Friday, March 25, 2011
Then everyone in the place tried on my cousin Mike's hat. Mark really works it don't you think?
The reason there was no heavy drinking for me was because we had tickets to go to the Shrine Circus the next day at 1. Hangovers plus circus would equal H-E- Double hockey sticks don't you think? we ended up having a good time even though it was way too super long. Two and a half hours is overkill in my opinion.
Mark had to buy Annabelle her very own clown nose.
The show was capped off with an elephant performance. It was Annabelle's favorite besides the acrobats. No pictures of that because Mark had the camera at that point. Annabelle's tells us she will be an acrobat because she already knows how to swing and jump. She's all set!
Friday, March 18, 2011
I've been reading up on haunted New Orleans lately. It would be so much scary, fun if we had our own little encounter. I'm not talking about something major but a weird photo or strange sighting. I just want my own experience.
I may have had a small ghostly encounter when I was in LA with a friend but then again, we may have just scared each other. Nothing may have happened but I'm going to say there was a possibility. Staying at an old-time haunted hotel can do that to you. And when you have another person there scaring you even more... well let's just say it's really very easy to let your imagination go wild.
But beyond my maybe ghost encounter and my slight hope for one, I really believe because my mom says she had one. My mom sometimes (OK , almost always) exaggerates but I believe her story with my whole heart. It's not a scary story, it's one of comfort for her and because I know the story, for me.
My father's mother, Grandma Jean, died back in 1979. She was only 54 years old when she had a massive brain aneurysm about a month before my first birthday. It was devastating for everyone that knew her. All of the stories I hear are of her kindness, her loving, her laugh. She is a person that I missed out on, which sucks. But anyway, the night after her funeral my mom said she went to bed. She was tired and sad and angry and confused, not a good way to fall asleep. When she woke up sometime in the middle of the night, she could feel something on the bed near her. It was my Grandma Jean, wearing the dress she was just buried in. She told my mom to not be sad, that she would be watching over her family. That she loved us all so much and that she was OK. My mom never said anything back to her, she was stunned. And my Grandmother just faded away.
I know it could be a dream that she had just to make herself feel better. Maybe that's what it was. I know that I've had so many close calls out there. When I was so sure that something bad was about to happen and then something changed that progress. I like to think it's my Grandma, watching over me.
I think that someday I will see her again even though it won't be for a long time. When my Grandpa passed away, my dad's cousin (a nurse) was there with him. She said that he whispered Jean right before he took his last breath. She told me that she felt like there was someone else in the room at that moment. She said it was my Grandmother. Was it just a story that she was telling me to make me feel better? Again, maybe it was. But I choose to believe that there is a love that she had that led my Grandfather out of his painful existence and into a wonderful one with his two of his three wives, siblings and parents and friends.
So yes, I can say with complete certainty that I believe in ghosts.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
I hate being late. It makes me cranky and anxious. My heart races, my palms sweat. I can't sit still or stay quiet. If I'm even a few minutes late, I'm upset. Being early means that I'm on-time.
We were running late yesterday morning. I usually leave the house 15 minutes before school starts for the 9 minute drive. We usually have to sit in the car for a few minutes before they open the doors, but at least I know I'm not late. We left 5 minutes later than the usual so I was speeding.
And then I saw the cop heading right for me. He turned on the lights, did a u-ey and pulled me over. I was so mad at myself. I WAS speeding and it was raining, hard. Then I remembered that I left my purse at home, so no license. That's when the waterworks started. I'm embarrassed to say it but my body started doing it's own thing. My hands were shaking, the tears were flowing, wobbly voice, flailing limbs. So not pretty. I just blurted everything out as soon as the cop got to my door. Being late, no purse, I'm sorry, blah, blah, blah.
Luckily he took pity on me. No ticket but I did receive a stern warning about speeding, in this type of weather, with my daughter in the car, did I want to regret an accident my entire life that could be avoided. Man I felt like crap. Annabelle kept asking why I was crying, hopefully she didn't tell her teachers and classmates about my indiscretion.
I'm blaming this on my family. They are always late, sometimes by a lot. This is why I am the way I am. I wouldn't have gotten pulled over for speeding if my parents could arrive on time for things.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- We went to Buffalo's Home and Garden Show this weekend and had a good time. We got lots of good ideas for things to do around our home and picked out the hardwood floors we want, Brazilian Mahogany. Ooh it's so pretty:)
- While searching for some discount tickets for the Home Show, I found out that Nuremberg, Germany and someplace in Kazakhstan were also having Home Shows the same weekend. I found discount tickets for those shows, which was interesting to say the least.
- My joints are hurting me pretty badly the past 3 days. I don't really know why except maybe the arthritis that I'm pretty sure I have is acting up. My knees are hurting me when I'm sitting down and oh so painful for that hour on the elliptical today. I powered through it but yow they hurt.
- I think we are going to change our TV, phone, Internet provider. We currently have Dish Network and they are starting to drive me nuts. First they get into a fight with MSG so I haven't seen a single Sabres game this year. At first it didn't bother me much but I seriously love my Sabres and I'm going through withdrawal. They are playing great right now, we have a new owner and we are currently in a play-off spot! But now they are fighting with CBS too. No CSI or Oprah or ANTM! We think we'll be getting FiOS:)
- I'm getting scratched. In the middle of the night. I don't know how. I have a 2 inch scratch on my arm, a chunk taken out of my nose and I just found a smaller scratch on my stomach when I was in the shower. These things should hurt me but I'm not feeling it when it happens. I'm only finding out about them way after the fact. Do you think I might have a poltergeist? Ahhhhhhh!
- Annabelle's been watching Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs non-stop lately and it's making her hungry:) She ate a cheeseburger over the weekend! She has NEVER eaten one before and she's asking for pizza for dinner and pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Now I'm getting hungry:)
- Are we done with winter yet? I know I am.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
I ended up loving to make things with my own two hands. I've made "love" blankets as part of wedding gifts a couple of times and I have made baby blankets for every single one of my friends and my sisters babies. That is well over 20 baby blankets. Every blanket has been different. I've never made the same pattern twice. I wanted each one to be unique. I spent many, many hours pouring over patterns and working my fingers to the bone to make them perfect.
Most of my friends seemed happy to have the blankets but I'm not sure if they were ever used. My one friend Joleene, loved all her blankets. She told me she and her husband fight over their love blanket and both of her kids baby blankets were used constantly. It makes me happy to know she appreciated the time I spent and loved them as mush as I did.
My other friend that I know liked her blankets is Nicole. I made a special Angel blanket for her first son. She had wanted a baby for so long and after almost 5 years of trying, she got pregnant using IVF. Now she's pregnant with baby boy #2 and I just finished his blanket. It is the cutest darn thing. I just had to brag:)Seriously, could it be any cuter! Nicole has gotten the two best blankets out of all the ones I have made. I can't wait to give it to her. We just have to wait until May.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
There were some reservations and she was close to tears right before we left the house. She was embarrassed that she would be laughed at but once we got to school and she saw the other kids and two out of her three teachers dressed up, she calmed down a little bit. Hopefully she has a good day or I'll have to hear about her embarrassment for the rest of the day! Who knew a 4 year old could be this fashion conscious?