Monday, July 26, 2010

Why Was I In Such A Hurry?

Do you remember when you were little and you couldn't wait to grow up? I couldn't wait to be an adult. Then no one could tell be what to do, eat, wear, or when to go to bed. I couls spend all of my time having fun, playing with friends, watching TV. I thought my parents had it made.

Fast forward 20+ years and I wish I was a kid again! I just got back from a sick visit at the doctor's for Annabelle(she has a throat infection), the mortgage, visa and electric bills are all due within the next few days and there are mounds of laundry and other miscellaneous housework to do. This is just a normal day and there will be very little fun to be had today. I don't remember my parents ever really complaining about any of this stuff when I was 10 years old. I knew there were times when money was tight but I thought my parents were living it up after I went to bed. I'm pretty sure now that they were almost ready for bed themselves just like I am most nights. There are too many nights to count were I've looked at the clock, thinking it must be pushing 11pm, and realizing it's barely 9!

So I spent all this time wanting to "grow up" so that I could have some "fun" and now all I want to do is nap. Now I just need to figure out a way to explain this bizarre phenomenon to Annabelle so that she'll realize that being a kid is so much better , most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment