Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Had Forgotten...

but know I remember. I love my husband. I know this sounds strange but hear me out. Mark and I have been together for almost 16 years, almost half of my life. He was my first real, serious boyfriend and my first and only for many things. After all this time together, I started to take him for granted. I mean, he's no angel. We have our disagreements, though we rarely actually fight anymore. But living with someone 24 hours a day for almost 9 years and spending as much time with each other as we could before that, is a lot of time. There are things about him that drive me nuts. He's too much of a perfectionist. He complains if I don't throw something out right away but will leave the box of cereal out unopened all day long. He snores, loudly and if he falls asleep before me, I will get no sleep. There are times when he is too honest or hyper-critical.

But today I was looking through pictures on Picasa. In case you don't know, it's a program that does facial recognition to group photos. So if I'm looking for a picture of a person, I just need to click on their folder. It's very neat. So anyway, I was making sure that the new pictures that were uploaded were put in the right folders and I was in the Mark folder. I was just quickly scrolling through the 300 or so new pics, and I feel in love my husband a little bit more.

I think I forgot how handsome he is. I see him everyday, but I wasn't really SEEING him the way I used to when we were first dating. I started getting that little thrill like I used to, when I couldn't wait to see him again. I was just soaking him in, his great smile and gorgeous eyes, even his nose which most people including himself thinks is rather big, but I think it's perfect. I wouldn't change it at all.

So even with all the "annoyances" that I've learned to live with, I know that he is one of the major keys to my happiness. I'm glad I had the chance to realize that again. I am a lucky, lucky girl to have him:)

2 comments:

  1. Yes that often happens whe you have been together for such a long time.

    thats why the sportsman and I started doing "date Night" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I still loved him, I just hadn't gotten that zing in awhile. We always say we're going to have more date nights and then life happens. We need to make more time for each other and make each other more of a priority.

    ReplyDelete