Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

With Thanksgiving upon us once again, I realize how much I have to be thankful for.  There are many days where I can't see the good, when my blinders are on, and the blackness looms large.  But I also have days when everything seems so sunshine-y bright that I need sunglasses.  I work hard to have more good days than bad.

I have so much to be thankful for that I thought I would just list them all.
  1. My husband.  He loves me unconditionally.  He is my very best friend and even on the days when he drives me absolutely insane, I still love him like crazy.
  2. Annabelle.  She is my heart, beating outside of my body.  I love her with a love that is so fierce that it hurts sometimes.  I had always known that I wanted to be a mom but never knew it would be like this.  It is the hardest but most rewarding job I will ever have.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.
  3. Being a stay-at-home mom.  I have friends who think that term is a four letter word.  They act all insulted when people call them that.  I, on the other hand, see how lucky I am to be one.  I am proud to be able to stay home and care for my family.  Are there days when it is hard?  Heck yeah!  But I am so thankful that Mark works hard at his job so that I can be the person who takes care of everything else.
  4. My family.  My parents are two of the most loving and wonderful people out there.  On the outside, I don't think anyone can see it, but I know that they raised both me and my sister with all the love, patience, and grace that they could muster.  They will always be there to catch me if I stumble and without complaint.  They are both so enamored with Annabelle.  They are super grandparents.
  5. My in-laws.  They raised a sweet, generous, strong man who became my husband.  I could thank them every day for teaching Mark how to be a good man because not every parent out there does that.  I know without a doubt that they love and care for me, Mark and obviously Annabelle. 
  6. My home.  When we bought our home almost nine years ago, we spent more than many of our friends did on their first homes.  We wanted our forever house, not a starter one.  It's not huge or super updated with the best things but it's all ours.  I will never regret our decision to buy our home, here in this neighborhood, with this school system.  There are many houses much bigger than our 1700 square feet but I don't need one that's bigger.  Ours fits us just right.
  7. My friends.  I hear from people all the time how lucky I am to have such a strong group of women to call my friends.  We are all different but when we are together we are something special.
  8. All the little things.  Big fluffy Christmas snow, singing loudly to songs on the radio, reading great books by great authors, doing crafts with Annabelle, FB to keep me connected to people far and wide, blogging for letting me get myself out of my own head most days, comfy fleece pants and hot chocolate when I'm chilly.  The list could go on and on.
I hope that you all have a few moments on Thanksgiving to remember all the good and wonderful pieces of your lives.  And a nice full tummy after your dinner. :)

3 comments:

  1. A very nice list. You are truly blessed. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list! I'm also so grateful for all the little things. :)

    ReplyDelete