Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Support System


I have a group of friends that is simply known as the GNI girls. There are eight of us all together and they are my best friends. We are all very alike and very different all at the same time. What I have in common with one will be something completely different in another and yet we are a perfect group all together.

As a group we have evolved. It all started almost 7 years ago while I was waiting patiently to get married:) I had already had my stagette and knew that my soon-to-be-husband's stag was coming up soon. So my bridesmaids and a couple of other friends decided we needed to hang out on that night. We were all going to be alone otherwise. One of my bridesmaid's had just had a baby and wasn't quite ready for a night out on the town. Everyone came over to my house, we had a Mexican feast, played games and talked- all night long. That was the first unofficial GNI, Girl's Night In. We had so much fun that we decided to get together every month. Each month we go to a different girl's house, come up with a food theme, and just talk about everything. We have laughed, cried and screamed togther on these nights.

After some time we realized that getting eight busy woman together every single month is hard. We are all married with kids and jobs and obligations, so we decided not to meet in July and August as well as December. During the months of summer there are always last minute BBQ's to go to and play dates with the kids so that we still get to see each other.

So tonight is our last GNI until September. It's a dip theme, all food's must be able to be dipped. I know that we are having cheesecake dip, bruscetta dip, taco dip and chicken wing dip. Not everyone has confirmed what they are bringing but whta I know for sure is that I will have a fantastic time with my friends. I am thankful for them every single day of my life and don't know what I would do without them(even when they are driving me crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment