Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Migraines

If you've ever had a migraine, then you know how I'm feeling right now. Crappy. Between the pain and the after effects of the medication it just ends up being a bad day. This is day #3 for me.

I've been getting them since I was 13 years old and I've tried almost everything. So many medications- OTC, daily prescriptions, prescriptions for onset of pain, exercise, acupuncture. Acupunture helped. It made the pain much more managable but I was having a hard time making it to my appointmants. I couldn't bring Annabelle with me to these appointmants and finding a babysitter every week was hard. Plus I could only go at certain times of the day because if I went to close before or after a meal I would pass out!

Now I'm trying a chiropractor. I'm going for multiple reasons. Firstly, my back hurts. I can't pull something out of the oven without my back twinging so picking up a 30 pound child when she's tired or crabby is killer. But there have been some studies that show a chiropractor can help with migraines. Something about the way your head is sitting on top of your spinal cord.

So wish me luck! I'm nervous that I'll hurt worse or end up getting cracked wrong and not being able to walk. I'm sure I'll be fine but until I'm done I will be a freak. Just like before my laser eye surgery I was afraid I'd be blind. I remember staring at Annabelle until the last possible moment to make sure I would remember what she looked like just in case. I'll probably be down on the floor, playing My Little Ponies and holding her until I have to leave, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment