Wednesday, August 4, 2010

School!

I have to take Annabelle to drop off all of her school supplies and the myriad of forms that I had to fill out to school today! I'm super excited for some reason but I'm nervous at the same time. I was told that there would be even more forms to fill out and that I have to sign her up for testing. I have no idea what the test will entail but I want her to be the best. I've heard that it will be basic knowledge stuff (name, address, how high she can count, what letters she recognizes) and gross motor stuff (jumping, balance, etc).

I think she'll do OK on the first part. She knows all the letters of her name and her address, can count to 20, and we've been working on the phone number. The second part though is seriously iffy. She is less then grace personified. She only learned how to jump with 2 feet 6 months ago. I think she's supposed to be able to hop on one foot by now but she's not even close on that one. My 2 year old niece can run faster, jump higher and hop all over the place! I don't know how to teach her these things. But I will just try to roll with the punches.

Then in 2 weeks we get to meet her teacher and classmates! The suspense is killing me! I'm going to head to the outlet mall next week to shop til I drop for new fall clothes. It will seem more interesting because this year, they are school clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment