Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Obsession

I know people that can get obsessed with things but I am not that person. Let me rephrase, I could be that person but I don't let myself. I can get so OCD over stupid little things that I have to force myself to go the other direction. I just can't keep up that non-stop thinking.

When I start loving something, I can only take so much of it. I just go the new Bruno Mars CD two weeks ago. I have been listening to it constantly since I go it. I love it! The songs are so good, so real. About love and hate and confusion and a little bit of narcissism. It's not too long, only 10 songs, so I get the chance to actually hear all the songs often. But I can feel it waning already. Soon that CD will be put on the shelf and more than likely never listened to again. Three years down the road I may pick it up again, remembering how I loved it and about two songs in I'll turn it off, already tired.

I do this with just about everything- music, movies, TV shows, even vacations. When we first book it's all I think about. What are we going to do, where will we eat, planning out picture ideas and tours and just everything. We booked our trip to Nawlins two weeks ago but now, not really thinking about it. I just can't, I'd go insane!

Two and a half years ago I went to 5 concerts for one band. The first two were so awesome, 12 days apart from each other but then the luster started to fade. Don't get me wrong I had fun, hanging out with my friends but the best part of those last three concerts weren't he shows themselves. My best memories were the other stuff that went along with them; my friends, the trips to get there, the jello shots in the parking lot, all the stuff surrounding the actual concerts. We are going to see them again in June and while I'm happy to go, it just doesn't make me giddy like it did before.

Is this weird? Am I the only one that does this? I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Go/Do once. On to the next thing. You'll know when you've come to the thing you'll want in your life for a long time or possibly forever.

    ReplyDelete