Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Annabelle Rae




Today you turn five years old!  I can remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.  I had been waiting forever for you, it seemed.  Oliver Grandma kept telling me you would be born today and then you were.  I don't know if I can remember a day where I've been happier.  The minute I heard you cry, I knew my life was going to be so much better than I had even imagined. 

I haven't always been the best mommy to you.  I know that there are times when I don't give you the attention that you want or that I yell too much sometimes when all you need is a moment to be heard.  But I love you more than I knew you could love another person.  I feel like you've always been here.  It's like I can barely remember a time when you didn't exist, even when you were just my heart's biggest wish.

In the past year, I have watched you grow up right before my eyes.  You started school and learned so much!  All (well most) of your letters and numbers.  And you can draw so well.  Nobody believes that you can put so much detail into your little work of art, but you do. You've learned how to share much better and think of other people's feelings before your own.  You made so many new friends and even a best friend.  You are so much more adventurous than you were even 6 months ago, willing to try new things.  I see how caring you are, how you love to touch babies, oh so gently, cupping their little faces in your hands.  You have decided what you want to be when you grow up, a zoo-keeper.  And even though I know it will probably change a million times, it's the first time that you grasped that you have such a big future ahead of you.  You are emotional and truthful, almost to a fault, but I love it.  Seeing your smile, makes me the happiest I could ever be.

I am so proud to be your mommy, Annabelle.  Everyday is a new adventure that I get to experience through your eyes.  I knew early on that I wanted to be a mommy.  I just didn't know I would be blessed enough to be the mommy to such a wonderful, smart, beautiful little girl.  I am lucky every day to love you.  When I look into the future, I see you being even more wonderful than you are today.  You can make a difference in the world with just your smile.  I love you big girl, I just hope you will always remember how much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment