Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Mind is Too Full

This past weekend was crazy busy!  Friday was Annabelle's birthday so we went to the Aquarium at her request after school and out for dinner at Red Robin.  Saturday was my nephew Austin's birthday, he's less than 24 hours younger than Annabelle.  His party was at a park under a shelter.  It seemed like such a good idea when my sister came up with the idea.  But it ended up raining cats and dogs on Saturday!  Holy cow!  There was lightning and thunder so loud the pictures on the walls were shaking.  Luckily it stopped right around when he party started but it was still much colder and wetter than anyone wanted it to be.

Both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, Annabelle and I had our dance recital.  Saturday was such a long day for both of us.  Mark let her stay to watch me dance, which wasn't until almost 9pm.  She had a minor meltdown because she was so overtired.  Sunday she did much better having me up on the big stage, hanging out with 2 of my girlfriends who came to watch.

Yesterday was all about running errands.  I had to go to Sears and Penney's and I stopped in at VS and actually found some new bras that fit and don't have six miles of padding!.  Plus I had to go grocery shopping, cancel one gym membership and switch to another.  Once we ate dinner, Mark got to work on the deck until almost 9pm.  Unfortunately, Annabelle was feeling warm and she had/still has a fever.  No school for her and no gym time for me.  I was really looking forward to going to the buttz and guttz class.  Annabelle seems to be doing pretty good right now but it's more likely that the Advil is making it's presence known. 

On top of all that my insomnia is back with a vengeance.  I finally broke down and took a sleeping pill last night.  I usually wait until I've had 3 or 4 mostly sleepless nights before I cave.  I'm usually OK after a night with the sleep aide but today I'm so foggy.  Not good if I really want to get anything accomplished today.  I have no clue what to make for dinner and I really wanted to start painting the family room.  (Mark doesn't know that I'm painting yet.  He's in for a surprise!)  I have this idea of how great it's going to look once it's finished.  I got the idea from the new bedspread I bought for our bedroom.  It cream with turquoise and hints of springy green.  I seriously couldn't get the color combo out of my head the other night, so I'm going to put it on our walls.  Then we will finally be done with any remodeling/reworking of rooms until we gut the kitchen (which is quite a few years away) or buy a new couch for the living room which is more than likely quite a few years away.

No comments:

Post a Comment