Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
Tuesday was a good day!  Mark stayed home from work with me, it didn't take much convincing. :)  We went out to lunch and napped and then he finished the deck!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!  I'll post pictures later, it's still pretty messy.  It feels so good to be able to say that it's done and it does look nice!  I can't wait to eat some meals out there, though it won't happen until next year, it' starting to get cold here again.

The Bad:
A boy was out riding his bike Tuesday night and ran our mailbox over.  Knocked it right off the post.  We were in the family room, at the back of the house, when we heard a metallic crash and someone moaning in pain.  Mark ran outside and there's this 16 year old kid laying in the driveway clutching our mailbox.  I think he thought Mark was going to yell at him because he started apologizing immediately.  After we made sure he was OK Mark did a quick bungee cord fix on the mailbox.  We looked at mailboxes the next day.  Why are they so expensive?  $70 is crazy especially since the plow drivers around here are less than careful most of the time.

The Ugly:
Also on Tuesday, I got stung by a bee!  It hurt like a mother.  I haven't been stung since I was a kid and I seriously thought I was being stabbed with a big, fat stick.  I guess that's what I get for rolling around in the grass with Annabelle.  Maybe that will teach her not to cheat while playing Musical Chairs next time.  Mommy gets hurt otherwise.  It's been two days but it' still a huge bump and warm to the touch.  Plus it kept me awake most of the night, itching.  It just make drive me crazy!

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't stung by a bee for years, and then one day a few summers ago one got me. Oh my goodness did it hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! My then 3 year old was tougher than I was when we both got stung a few years ago. And I second the Benadryl suggestion. Oh, and rest. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the deck! I've heard it's a real job. Bummer about the mail box, maybe it can be an excuse to find a cute one. Ouch, I haven't been stung for years either. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bee sting is still ugly looking a week later. I'll be trying to get back to blogging this week but you never know!

    ReplyDelete