Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ketchup

Annabelle is addicted to ketchup.  It's a fact.  Everyone seems to know it.  She eats it on everything- chicken, pork, ground beef, steak, vegetables, even mashed potatoes.  Are there other people out there that love ketchup this much?  Most people look at her like she's gross for eating her food this way.  I'm just thankful that she's eating anything at all, because without the ketchup, food will not pass her lips.  If something tastes bad, she'll spoon some extra ketchup into her mouth to help her get it down.

Maybe you're wondering why I'm writing a whole post about my daughter's bizarre eating habits.  It's because we ran out of ketchup.  On Monday I made meatloaf for dinner with mashed potatoes and broccoli.  Now meatloaf isn't a favorite meal of mine but it's easy and it was cold out so it seemed like a good idea at the time.  That is until I realized we were out of ketchup.  I slathered Annabelle's broccoli with cheese and she ate it without too much complaint but then she was ready for her mashed potatoes.  Mama you forgot something!  Where's my ketchup?  The look of total disbelief on her face when I told her we were all out.  She eventually forced down all of her food but I was in the doghouse for the rest of the night, believe me. 

So I had originally planned on heading to the grocery store on Tuesday, but I ended up being sidelined with yet another debilitating migraine.  All dinner plans were thrown out the window because of our lack of ketchup.  I just wasn't in the mood for the whining and complaining from my kid.  Luckily we had a frozen pizza in the freezer, something that is rarely in there.  Woo Hoo for lent and buying something random that I can make for dinner on Fridays!

So today I did get to the store and I bought the biggest tub of ketchup that they sold.  Part of me though thinks that I should keep telling Annabelle that we're out.  Maybe I could get her off the stuff.  Or maybe not, I think I'm OK with her addiction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment